Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome!

Cooking has been an important aspect of my life for as long as I can remember.  Whether it be sitting at the counter watching my grandma bake donuts and pies in our family's orchard, being taught how to cook spaghetti by my dad, or helping my other grandma bake and frost cupcakes that looked like ice cream cones, I was always fascinated by cooking and it quickly went from a hobby to a passion as I grew older.  Now that I am in my own place, cooking is a way for me to relax, relieve stress, and bring together friends and family.  I decided that this year, my new year's resolution would be to expand my horizons and cooking chops, and try 365 recipes in 365 days.  The recipes can be from anywhere be they family, friends, magazines, cook books, or TV shows, and I can even make them up if I'd like.  The rule is, nothing from a box, and nothing that I have made before on my own.  I am going to try to keep up as best I can, and keep in shape if that is possible while I do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment